According to the pharmacological properties of ethanol (ethyl alcohol, the main component of all alcoholic beverages) it can be attributed to the means for anesthesia or depressants. The cells of the central nervous system are especially sensitive to it, especially the cerebral cortex, affecting it, it causes a characteristic alcoholic excitement, associated with the weakening of the processes of inhibition. Then, the processes of excitation are also weakened, the suppression of the spinal cord and the medulla oblongata is suppressed with the suppression of the activity of the respiratory center.
In the initial stage, alcohol acts as a stimulant that has a stimulating effect on thinking and activity (as Fluoxetine does).
- there is a feeling of relaxation, lowering the level of anxiety, inhibition, the mood rises;
- with an increase in the dose of alcohol, aggressiveness appears, the stages of rest progress, at high doses, an alcoholic coma sets in;
- redness of the eyes appears;
- the ability to self-control is impaired;
- the memory is disturbed due to the violation of the translation of information into "Long-term" Memory - as a result of the disruption of coordination of movements and decreasing of reflexes, the ability to drive traffic deteriorates - excessive consumption of alcohol causes hangover syndrome, which includes headaches, nausea, dehydration and deterioration of mental processes.
Duloxetine is an antidepressant, which is an inhibitor of the serotonin reuptake and norepinephrine, and it has a weak inhibitory effect on the dopamine reuptake.
May Prozac be taken with alcohol? When you take Prozac, the process of blockade of serotonin occurs in the central nervous system. This process has a great influence on its balance.
With moderate intake of alcohol can not do harm. But with excessive consumption of alcohol conceals a lot of dangers. Here are some of them:
- Dips in memory or its temporary loss, which can last from a few minutes to several days;
- toxic effects on the liver, heart, pancreas, gastrointestinal tract as a result of prolonged use of alcohol with Citalopram;
- susceptibility to various diseases increases;
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- with excessive use of alcohol, there is a danger of a lethal outcome as a result of disturbances in the respiratory and cardiovascular systems;
- the likelihood of bodily injury or death increases while driving in a drunken state;
- the increased risk of miscarriages and premature births during pregnancy, and alcohol syndrome in pregnant women;
Alcohol can cause a strong psychological dependence, as well as physical dependence. Alcohol addiction is called alcoholism. Female alcoholism is a much more serious disease than male alcoholism. Dependence can develop with excessive and regular use of strong alcoholic beverages or pure alcohol. Alcohol is toxic in high doses. For all the time of alcohol existence, there have been countless cases of poisoning, up to a lethal outcome (especially when the victim was a child).
Considering soothing drugs, few pay enough attention to alcohol. Alcohol has very paradoxical effects - in small doses it acts as a stimulant, but after a few more sips, it begins to act as a soothing. Although some experts believe that a couple of wine glasses a day can improve your health, large quantities are definitely harmful.
Another important fact that should be remembered is that alcohol enhances the action of all other soothing drugs (Sertraline or Mirtazapine for ex.). Alcohol is one of the factors with the majority of deaths from an overdose.